thechristiandemocrat

born again democrat speaks out.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Tsunami Grief - one among many

Tsunami Drama getting all the $$$ and the headlines, while Pensacola people are living in mold and misery..I'm singing at a Tsunami Relief benefit today while People in Darfur are dying and homeless, Guyana and Panama just had humungous flooding...and Africans die every day of Malaria and AIDS for want of mosquito netting and condoms..(a UN worker here told me that in parts of Africa, men believe if they have sex with a 10 year old virgin, they will be rid of the AIDS virus..)
Tho' I am relatively poor, I cannot feel sorry for myself..I think of children on garbage piles in Brazil foraging for food, I think of abandoned babies with HIV being used as guinea pigs in NYC by the drug companies...this is the one that freaks me the most..this is the Millennial Tusgegee Scandal..please google "guinea pig kids." Somehow this needs to be exposed in a BIG way..
I wrote down a quote from Ossie Davis a few months ago which said that "truth is the goal toward which we sail". or something like that..

I looked at TEd Becker's 'Teledemocracy" review at Amazon..I sort of understand naybe, using quantum physics..which I don't know about..but the idea of grabbing a random group of people for voting..reminds me of the Neilson ratings.. I envision using the American Idol voting technology to do away with the electoral college...or voting from our ATMs, complete with paper reciept. In my perfect world, the FCC would mandate all stations to give equal time to all candidates...no advertising allowed..this is not private enterprise, electoral politcs are not to be made a profit based enterprise for ad agencies and TV networks....anyway, Peace, Joy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home